Simrat Tatla's Blog

Oh stop already

October 4th, 2010 · No Comments

According to this article,http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/toshiba-unveils-glasses-free-3-d-tv/article1740745/, Toshiba has developed a 3-D TV where you no longer need glasses to enjoy the 3-D effect. For me personally, I think this is a bit of a stretch. Sure, there will be plenty of people willing to spend the high price to purchase these TV’s, but in

Toshiba 3-D TV

my mind, I cannot get over how quickly technology keeps advancing. New TV’s, new smartphones, new laptops all come out within the same year and a year later there will be upgraded versions that you will need to get to replace the “old” product that you bought only a year previously. All these companies like Toshiba or Apple  make tons of money as consumers keep falling for the trap of needing to have the newest technology around (I will admit to being one of these people). However, sometimes I feel as if these companies should just slow down and not keep bombarding us with new technology after new technology before allowing us to enjoy and get used to one product. Is there ever going to be a limit to developing new and advanced technology? When will enough be enough?

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.