Our Team

Stephanie Kendall

About me

I have been involved in sport since I was a young child so my whole life has revolved around staying fit and enjoying the competition. I was a speed skater for 13 years and also played badminton in high school. Although I am no longer competing in any sports, I am an avid road cyclist and still play badminton recreationally. I love getting people excited about fitness and sport and the most satisfying feeling is watching people pursue and reach their goals.

Qualifications:

• University of British Columbia Okanagan Bachelor of Human Kinetics
  • CSEP- CPT
  • Can-Fit-Pro Fitness Instructor Specialist
  • CPR & First Aid Certification

Specialty Areas:

• Spinning
  • Step Training
  • Cycling
  • Strength and Conditioning
  • Personal Training

Dorrian Mah

About me

I have been passionate about fitness and health my entire life so teaching others about fitness was a natural choice for me. I also enjoy the social aspect of fitness training and want to make a positive impact in people’s lives.

Qualifications

• University of British Columbia Okanagan Bachelor of Human Kinetics (Exercise Physiology)
  • CSEP- CPT
  • Can-Fit-Pro Group Fitness Instructor
  • CPR & First Aid Certification

Goals

• Practice more Yoga
  • Work on flexibility
  • Complete a marathon

Scope of practice as a Canfitpro certified Fitness Instructor Specialist:

• Evaluation of physical activity needs of participants
  • Once participants have filled out the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q), we can provide group exercise classes to those who are apparently healthy individuals with no major medical conditions.
  • Teach within our level of ability and progress to more advanced or specialized practices once the appropriate skill level is achieved.
  • We can promote the benefits of a healthy diet and regular physical activity using Canada’s food guide and Canada’s Physical Activity Guide as a reference. Clients who require more specific dietary support must be referred to a qualified nutrition professional.
  • We are qualified to answer general questions about injury or discomfort, but serious injury must be diagnosed by a qualified medical professional.
  • In case of an emergency we are qualified to provide care such as Emergency First Aid or CPR, as well as contacting EMS.

Scope of Practice as a CSEP Certified Personal Trainer:

• Administer the CPAFLA (Canadian Physical Activity, Fitness and Lifestyle Approach) fitness appraisal to apparently healthy persons who are cleared for physical activity according to their completed PAR-Q form.
  • Interpret the results of a client’s fitness appraisal in relation to the Health Benefit Zones for individuals of the same age and gender as outlined in the CPAFLA and CSEP-CPT manuals.
  • We are qualified to create physical activity and fitness plans to help clients address any particular weaknesses and/or goals that have been identified during fitness appraisal. Fitness plans may include a variety of training techniques and equipment.
  • Once an exercise program has been prescribed we will document and follow up on improvements and progress in order to ensure a safe and effective progression.

Recent Posts