A little about me…

Stephanie Myers

My name is Stephanie Myers and I am an alternative high school teacher living in Vancouver, BC and teaching in School District #41, Burnaby.

I have been working towards my Masters in Educational Technology at UBC since September of 2010, and am now enrolled in my final two courses. If all goes as planned I will be finished the program in early August, 2013.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have learned over the past 3 years. The people I have met, the knowledge I have gained (and shared), has been truly unbelievable.

This particular blog is intended to help others, like me, who are nearing the end of their formal academic program, and are apprehensive and confused about the best means to sustain their learning beyond the more structured, formal learning environments we have become accustomed to.

Learning is a life-long process that involves many people, from many places, with diverse perspectives; the internet provides a means to connect people. I hope this blog will help others to find meaningful connections and create their own PLN.