eCommerce innovations in Starbucks

starbucks_image4_cr

Http://www.cityofdreamsmacau.com/uploads/images/COD/Dining/starbuck/Starbucks_image4_cr.jpg. N.p., n.d. Web.

As I think about Starbucks , I just remembered the great smell of coffee and friendly atmosphere with free wifi that I enjoyed whenever I went there . As one of the loyal customers of Starbucks and Prakruti blog , In this blog, I want to focus on Starbucks brand positioning and their eCommerce . That is about how much is the brand powerful in customer’s mind. In the U.S, coffee is a pillar of the everyday life and they get used to consumption caffeine and sugar and It’s about 102 billion cups of coffee consumed every year in America so that means they target one of the popular products among people. I think the 3 major reasons that people choose Starbucks are :the coffee, the warm and friendly sellers and the experiences in the stores.Their target is people that want to get the best in quality and taste , Also Starbucks don’t just focus on the coffee they have different tea and cold drinks like Frappuccino that attracts children as well. In terms of points of parity, I can mention reliability that providing high quality and reliable products can affect the market share and about their points of difference I can mention their quality, experience , brand image and their new marketing decision in delivery system at end of 2015. In my point of view, that is a great endeavor for them but it is risky too because we want our coffee hot . The Green Apron is the first delivery system by Starbucks that it is just in New York now with 12000 employees .It is a good start if they can be on time in delivery it’s going to be a new generation in drink retailing system . They also provide a mobile app that with creating an account on it . You can order your products and pick up from the store and you can save lots of time . Furthermore, you can get points on every purchase and after getting points , they offer discounts and free drinks by these ways Starbucks can getting closer to the customers and make a more friendly relationship with them. Starbucks has valuable steps in terms of a new era of digital marketing . All of the companies should prepare themselves for shifting to eCommerce.

Words count:386

Citation:

• “Prakruti’s Blog | Just Another UBC Blogs Site.” Prakrutis Blog. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Oct. 2016.
  • @growwithtrellis. “The Future for Starbucks ECommerce Coffee Drinkers.”Trellis. N.p., 22 July 2016. Web. 16 Oct. 2016.
  • By Excelling in These Three Areas and Improving Operations Management, Starbucks Can Regain Its Market Share, and Improve Productivity and Profitability. “International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology.” Product Quality, Service Reliability and Management of Operations at Starbucks. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Oct. 2016.
  • Tee Dashner, I Work Here Phonedoctors.com Follow. “Starbucks Positioning.”Starbucks Positioning. N.p., 03 Sept. 2014. Web. 16 Oct. 2016.