Unit 2 Reflection Blog

Formal Report Proposal

As a student athlete at UBC, I decided to create a report on increasing academic support for student athletes at UBC. There is a lack of academic support which led to negative consequences for student athletes, such as decreased academic performance and decreased motivation to pursue a degree. Some student athletes who are struggling in their classes may find that the demands of their sport interfere with their ability to improve their academic standing. I want to assess the benefits and drawbacks of the current academic support for student athletes and identify current student athletes’ perspectives and satisfaction with the current amount of academic support. Ultimately propose a solution to help improve performance.

Peer Review

I have learned a lot from my peer review of my partner‘s proposal. I learned to look for more specific details and to look for any areas that may need more clarification. I also learned to be more mindful of the formatting and grammar in a report. The peer review process has been very helpful in improving my writing. It has made me more aware of the details and how to make my writing more clear and concise. It has also made me more aware of how to properly format a report and how to make sure my points are supported by evidence. I was surprised by some of the feedback I received from my colleague‘s work, as I think it was more detailed than I had expected. Overall, I think the peer review process has been a great learning experience for me and it has helped me to become a better writer.

LinkedIn Best Practices

Reflecting on the process of researching how to create a LinkedIn profile, I feel both excited and a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of creating a professional social media network. On one hand, I‘m excited to create a presence on a platform that could help me to connect with employers and professionals in my field. On the other hand, I‘m feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information I need to gather about myself and the ways I need to present myself in the best possible light. I‘m also feeling a bit anxious about making sure I‘m following the best practices for creating a successful LinkedIn profile. All in all, I‘m looking forward to the challenge of creating a LinkedIn profile and the potential opportunities it could open up for me.

Formal Report Outline and Memo

After generating a formal report proposal, we developed a formal report outline as well as a progress report memo. This was my first time learning how to create an anonymous survey. I found it especially challenging to develop unbiased questions. I feel good about my progress with the report so far. I have done some brainstorming, outlined my report proposal, and identified my sources of data. I have a good understanding of the scope and purpose of my investigation and how I plan on gathering my data and analyzing it. I am confident that I will be able to complete the report in a timely manner. I do have some questions about how my investigation is going to become a Formal Report. I am wondering about the structure of the report, what style should I use for writing, and what further research I need to do to ensure that I am accurately representing the data I have collected. I am also curious about what elements I need to include in my report such as graphs, charts, and tables. I am sure I can find the answers to these questions as I delve deeper into my research.

I’m looking forward to Unit 3!

Proposal:

Assignment 2.1: Proposal for Increasing Academic Support for Student Athletes at UBC

Peer Review of Proposal:

Assignment 2.1: Peer Review of Sonja’s Formal Proposal