Why customers are required to pay cash in most small companies?

I was attracted by Cynthia’s post name “Pay Cash, Pay Less? “. I read through it and found that she found that many small boutiques in Chrystal Mall only receive cash and reject any cards such as debit or credit cards. She explained the reason of extra charging by cards companies when the transactions occur. Those stores are small companies that it is hard to make more profit, so saving the extra costs increases the profit.

I agree with her opinion. But also, I want to add that paying in cash can give the companies more flexible capital that can be used in other purpose. And also, some of the companies want to reduce their taxes by declaring they only make this amount of money which is actually less than what they have really earned. Because consumers are paying in cash, so there is no record of each transactions, even without receipts, so the government will never know who are lying. However, I am still holding the view that business ethics are important and disobeying the laws finally will lose in the business war on day!

P.S. I think paying by cash is good for consumers and I’d love to do that, because I am more likely to buy more when using debit card!

If you are interested in the cash only strategy for small business, here are some pros and cons: http://www.nfib.com/business-resources/business-resources-item?cmsid=60637