Sustainability

Sustainability, what does it mean to you? In a re-creation of Thursday’s in-class activity, I re-drew what I first thought of when hearing the word “Sustainability”. This time, I used my proper drawing hand to provide a somewhat more understandable drawing:

Step0001

# 1 represents the current situation. Trees are unhappy with the way the increasing air pollution. Heading towards #2, society is becoming increasingly aware of the importance of recognizing your carbon foot print, and has become more innovative in our ideas into improving sustainability. Lastly, #3 represents what I envision for our future. Trees are once again happy, and we can have a highly technological advance community while still sustaining our wild life and our natural resources.

Are we working at our fullest potential? No. Will this cycle take a while? Yes. Is it ever going to happen, I strongly believe so. I think that eventually, businesses, much like Helijet, are making it a social dimension in their business operations to contribute back to the welfare of society and its resources. Essentially, large companies are dominating the world’s growth and development, and it is through these socially concious and responsible companies that will make a change to bettering the sustainability of our future.