Feed on
Posts
Comments

Archive for March 5th, 2009

What is the author’s theory of learning? The authors general theory of learning is constructivist, in that he believes meaningful learn only occurs when students build their own models and understanding of concepts. He believes that effective learning occurs when students are motivated to investigate a topic due to their realization that they lack knowledge […]

Read Full Post »

I am really interested in WISE, a well-worked out example of a TELE.  The ways in which it works with the student to help them think about what they are learning, and find connections between content and the real-world is very nice to see.  I like how this program is very interactive, the student doesn’t […]

Read Full Post »

What are several challenges students have with understanding earth science? Earth science has a very broad scope, encompassing everything from weather patterns, to ocean currents etc. I believe students face a number of challenges when addressing this broad topic: · It is difficult for them to envision the vast amount of spaces involved when discussing […]

Read Full Post »