Comment On Xinqiao Dong’s Article

Comment On Xinqiao Dong’s Article

“High-tech classes for Chinese Children”

As what Xinqiao Dong said in the article, Creatica is a company that provides immersive hands-on creative workshop to young children in China. It is indeed an innovative company. Besides the advantages that Creatica have taken according to Xinqiao Dong’s view, which is low investment, stable education market, I think there is one thing that cannot be ignored. In my opinion, Creatica’s success is also due to its attention on CSV(Creating shared value).

It is known to all that the disadvantage of Chinese education has led students to focus too much on standardized tests instead of knowledge itself. A lot of people even have the idea that the main purpose of studying is to gain a high mark in the college entrance exam so as to enter a key university in China. Nowadays, we can see many education companies in China are aiming at helping students do well in the exams. In order to compete with other education companies, some firms even advertise that their education will guarantee the students to enter a key junior high school, key senior high school or a key university. Among education companies like this, Creatica, however, makes difference on their target, which is changing the perception of a country. It aims at helping people to think instead of being test machines.

I trust that in the circumstance of China, education companies are able to gain more profit if they pay attention to helping students to take every type of exam. But, Creatica does not only look to the short run, but consider the long run which is going to benefit to the whole nation. Even in this way, Creatica gains profit. In my opinion, the success of Creatica proves that CSV will finally lead a company to generate more profit. The inspiration from Creatica is that, if I am going to set up my own company, I’d better try creating shared value. Once I do good to the society, the society is also going to pay back.