Task 7: Mode-bending

I redesigned this task into a video and published it on my YouTube channel. In more detail, the video contains minimum text and is mainly explained through audio and background music to entertain the audience. At the same time, I used the text-to-audio method to make the audio in this video. The reason is that the auto-speaker tone could help the listener easily understand the video. In other words, the accuracy of presenting the video is crucial from a reader’s perspective.

While making this video, I spend most of the time selecting the proper background music. Another issue I have encountered is that I have to adjust the volume between the presenter’s voice and music sound. For example, some background music is louder than the presenter’s voice which negatively impacts the reader or listener’s understanding of the entire video. Furthermore, the background music chosen could also distract readers’ attention from a focus on the content. Thus, making the video entertaining for the readers and helping them focus on the content is the most challenging part of the transformation of this task compared to the original one.

Mode-changing or mode-bending could significantly bring positive influences and benefits to individuals. More specifically, the entire changing process was truly challenging because the task content is identical, but the purpose of the two tasks is entirely different. On the other hand, an individual who could easily accept the challenge and adapt quickly to the transformation of mode-bending. Therefore, mode-bending could potentially benefit many individuals by enhancing their creativity level and developing their imagination.