The Moodleverse: Server Admin

Posted by: | January 31, 2012 | 1 Comment

As I look closer and closer at the server requirements for Moodle and consider server admin more carefully, I still have difficulty wrapping my head around why more people don’t use third parties? For example, I use bluehost and they make everything in my life sooooooo easy when it comes to web administration. I suspect […]

Tool Kit Reflection #1: Moodle

Posted by: | January 29, 2012 | 1 Comment

Mostly the first Moodle web tutorial was easy enough. Shouldn’t be too hard to get the hang of this thing after a few more sessions. Feels like it will be a pretty powerful tool, for sure. My experience with various CMS should help though. There were a few steps that were a bit confusing or […]

Some really intersting information in here, including a rubric-like chart (see Table 1: Benefits and barriers of the use of specific social software), reagrding using social software in developing countries. There are some interesting points that relate directly to class discussion regarding Pro-D, I think. Thought folks may be inetrested. Also a fantastic bibliography with […]

Open Source Doesn’t Mean Free

Posted by: | January 25, 2012 | 2 Comments

I don’t think that I am alone when I say that my perception of open source is that it is low cost. In fact, if I was to play word association and said “open source” I think i might follow that up with “free”. I’d be curious how many other people would say the same […]

seriously nic’n

Posted by: | January 24, 2012 | Leave a Comment

To get at that tool kit. Can’t wait to get my hands a little more dirty. Nobody can keep us from Moodle and the great educational beyond, but still. Come on people! What are you waiting for? Pick a date and give the Man your deets!

Quite a time

Posted by: | January 19, 2012 | 2 Comments

Such a beautiful couple of days with all this snow. Definitely love what it does to the sound and air….. So much new technology! And such a different ways of thinking about it. It’s wonderful to be engaging with the internet AND education and really almost a lifetime of interests, in one place. Feels like […]

I’ve really been wrestling with how to examine this course. I am completely committed to this project with the Haisla. I think it is very important and I see my own future really tied to it. I hate to use the term “calling” because it is really over used, but I definitely feel the pull. […]

My friend Ken spoke today as part of the Joint Review Panel on the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipeline project. Ken is a Chief of the Eagle Clan for the Haisla people in Kitimat British Columbia. He is the reason I am taking this class. I am trying to find a way to work with Ken […]

Doing the Web Watuzzy

Posted by: | January 9, 2012 | 1 Comment

This is Ground Control to Major Tom. This is the first post to ETEC 565A