Team project reflection

The moment we submitted our final video project, I had a sense of fulfillment. Our marketing team did a great job on assignment 3. Most of us really into digital media and this kind of project that everyone can participate in rather than writing standard papers. It is a perfect chance for everyone to express creativity.

After doing research of companies on the list, we chose ZARA because of the potential increase in the market. While each project needs a timeline, deadlines, and clear goals, a project leader does more than keep track of the organizational aspects of the project. Due to the challenge to accommodate everyone’s schedule, we struggled to address every single problem in the regular meetings. The way I see it now, a successful project coordinator is able to facilitate the coordination of the team in a way that maximizes the team’s potential.

Throughout the whole project, I started to think like a real marketer. I consider more from a consumer’s perspective and take effort in adding value to the product. Only until apply the concept from the text book on the real project, did I understand how the real business works.

All in all, I really enjoy the learning experience throughout the term. I was thinking marketing is just about advertising and retaining customers, but now I start thinking more in-depth consumer and value-based aspect of it all.