Task No. 7: Mode-bending

Here’s theĀ  video that I created for this task.

When I did task one, my 1.5 year old son, Dreydon, was in the room with me. He had no idea what I was working on and so did not show any interest. However, when I did this task, after I finished my video, I played it on the big screen and he was quickly intrigued but what was going on.

Shortly, I saw him take my Minnie Mouse wristlet and he began to take things out and looked at them. I find it quite interesting and suitable for this week’s readings on how multi-modal literacy is important in education, especially in younger students.

One Reply to “Task No. 7: Mode-bending”

1. Hi Sarah,

Really good insight. Changing the mode of text can make it relatable and understandable to an entirely different audience! I never would have thought of this for this task, but adding audio could relate something to someone who is blind, or adding video could interest children. That really speaks to one of the key points that the New London Group highlight.

Did you do anything specifically different in creating a video versus the original photo? Did it change your thought process at all?