Linking Assignment Post No. 5

Shaun Holma – Task No. 8 – Golden Curation Assignment

http://shaunholma.com/540/T8Web/

For the last four linking assignments, I have been looking at people that have similarities with me. For my linking assignment no. 5, I have chosen a post by a student that is very different from to me. When I was doing my networking assignment using the program Palladio, I looked at which students had the lowest songs common to my own choices. One of the students was Shaun. I was surprised to see that we shared so few songs as it seems like we use the same criteria to choose our songs like using different continents and choosing songs from different musical eras. Shaun went into the depths of comparing the voices of the pieces that he chose which was something that I did not do. We also had some difference when trying to group songs into different eras. It seems like my understanding of musical eras is quite different that his.

Moving on to looking at his website, even though he also used the UBC blog interface, I find his website extremely hard to navigate. It doesn’t seem like he had put things into categories so when I tried to look at old posts, I had to scroll through all his blog posts to get to what I wanted to see.  If this was his course website and I am a student that needs to find information, I would be very confused about where to find things. I do appreciate his tasks though as they are all very creative and multimodal. It was pretty impressive to see his assignments.