About Me

Hello, Nice to Meet You!

My name is Tanya Mozafari and I am a third year student in the Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) program at the University of British Columbia (UBC): a 20-month bachelor’s degree in Computer Science designed for second-degree students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree in another field. I concluded my Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in Commerce from UBC in 2020 and I decided to continue my education in Computer Science because I feel that programming is a useful skill to have in an increasingly technological world. Following the completion of my degree, I hope to move back to California where my family is currently living and work as a full-time Product Manager. My ideal job would include utilizing my academic background in social sciences to work on software products that prevent the spread of political misinformation online, specifically on social media platforms. Additionally, working to keep political systems safe from cyber crime is very intriguing to me, so I am also interested in the field of cybersecurity within governance. Moreover, I am currently supplementing my Computer Science degree with courses in Cognitive Science and Psychology. So far, I have had the opportunity to learn more about the behaviors and motivations of users, as well as the potential of Artificial Intelligence to advance our current social structures. As it is only my second semester in the BCS program, I am excited to learn more about the future of Artificial Intelligence—as well as the likelihood of users to willingly accept and integrate such new systems into their day to day lives—during the remainder of my degree.

Interested in chatting? Let’s connect on LinkedIn.