DID YOU HEAR ABOUT ONO?

UBC Media Release: Dr. Santa Ono to become UBC President and Vice Chancellor.
Original text: http://news.ubc.ca/2016/06/13/ubcs-15th-president/

VAN-CITY – Dude is really good at medicine and school and now UBC is saying he’s gonna be the new boss!

He’s been the president of like a million things so you know he’s gonna kill it.

And he’s JAPANESE, so that’s cool. You should follow him on twitter though, he’s actually a really good guy.

I asked him what he thought now that he got this job and he was all “UBC is the shit. People there are super smart, super eco, and its right by wreck beach! I’m so stoked to be the prez there!”

Also his dad used to work at UBC so you know how he got the job. All the other big wigs at UBC got together and were like, yeah he’ll be way better than the other people who wanted the job.

OH! Did I mention he plays the CELLO? Daaaaammn!

Seriously though, the head honchos all thought this guy is so good at thinking and really, that’s what UBC is all about. Thinking good.

Prez Piper is out of here at the end of June and Ono isn’t coming until Aug. 15 so they got Dave Farrar to hold down the fort til then. I saw what they said to Piper and they were like “OMG THX SOOOOO much for coming back. We promise it won’t ever happen again!”