Are you an innovative, ambitious aviation or aerospace student? Then Air Charter Service (ACS) has some fantastic opportunities for you. The private aviation giant, which specializes in luxury, group, and cargo jet services, runs over 12,000 charters a year and is passionate about funding the future generation of the industry. Find out below how to offset your university and research costs by applying for ACS aviation scholarships or student grants worth up to $5,000.
How ACS is funding the future of aviation
From a humble basement start-up to a global leader in the aviation sector with offices in six continents, ACS has always believed in nurturing the next generation of aerospace and aviation students through internships. Founder Chris Leach started the company in 1990 and helped to finance its development by taking in a lodger, Justin Bowman, a university student who ‘had an encyclopaedic knowledge of aircraft’, says Leach.
It wasn’t long before Bowman became an intern at ACS and worked his way up to become the company’s CEO. Other students who’ve benefited from internship opportunities include David Lewis, who’s now the ACS Search Marketing Executive, and Lloyd Robinson who started an internship in 2004. Since then, he’s risen through the ranks to his current position as Business Development Director. Robinson says:
“Over the past 13 years I have seen the company go from strength to strength. ACS has grown from a team of 30 to a company with over 400 employees, and offices across the globe.”
Today, ACS offers everything from luxury private jet services for business and leisure, to transporting humanitarian aid around the world. ACS is keen to continue investing in the next generation of aviation leaders through its new grant and scholarship schemes, so what exactly are they offering?
How much are ACS aviation scholarships and grants worth?
If you’re a bright, innovative aviation or aerospace student, ACS is eager to help you finance your studies and fund ground-breaking research in the field. Here’s what they’re offering:
- $5,000 aviation scholarships to students who are conducting cutting-edge research for an established scientific journal. Winners will be chosen according to the caliber of the journal and the impact their study could have on the world of aviation.
- Up to $500 for publishing research on the ACS website. Apply for this grant option and you’ll make some incredible contacts with aviation experts at ACS. They’ll provide you with industry insight and statistics that will enhance your research.
- Up to $500 to support your existing research set to be published. The amount you receive for this type of grant will vary depending on how important your study is likely to be to the field of aviation research.
Am I eligible for an ACS grant or scholarship?
To apply for an ACS aviation scholarship or student grant, you must currently be enrolled in a university in the United States that is fully accredited. To qualify, you should be studying an engineering or aviation course such as Commercial Aviation, Airport Management,Professional Pilot programs, or Aviation Management.
How to apply for an aviation grant or scholarship
ACS is keen to hear from ambitious students who’d like to benefit from financial study and research aid. Apply before the deadline of December 31st 2018 for your application to be considered. Please send the following details to Glenn Phillips (Glenn.Phillips@aircharterservice.com):
- Full name
- Contact details
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Name of your university program
- Your research topic
- The potential publication website
- Name of existing publications you’re researching for.
If you have any questions about applying for ACS student grants or aviation scholarships, please contact Glenn Phillips. Don’t miss the chance to build your career in aviation, apply today.
|Join the conversation with fellow UBC students and contribute your article here.|