Last trading!

Just don’t make enough these days. My portfolio balance has dropped in the last two trading because I made some significant mistakes, though I take the positives from them. I have learnt to believe that prices are as unpredictable as anything no matter how well you think you understand them. Price movement follows a random walk. I just hope one day I would become a better broker from where i left off.

I was observing wheat, soybean and corn contracts simultaneously since Monday. I wanted to be able end my trading on a high note. So I did quite some research about the weather and some political news that i though were  going to have impact on the market. What did I find? There is good planting ongoing for winter wheat and smooth harvesting for soybean in the United States. So I expected that with this news there were going to be market reaction to speculative demand for wheat and soybean. Specifically, there would be lower prices for them in future because of anticipated good harvest.  So i went to offset my previously short soybean contracts.

How I wish I had done some more technical analysis stuff to back my prediction. My positions were delayed so i made losses. In all, I made about 1.57% losses and my portfolio balance stands at stands at $98,427.93