Unit 2 Reflection: LinkedIn Best Practices, Formal Report Proposal, and Peer Review

LinkedIn Best Practices Memo

Upon entering this unit, I already had a LinkedIn profile set up. However, this assignment enabled me to enhance my profile further. The first task involved compiling a list of best practices for LinkedIn and creating a memorandum for the team. While establishing a professional social media network can be daunting, I now recognize its significance in building a thriving career in the current digital age. The research process of creating a LinkedIn profile was a valuable experience that helped me comprehend the importance of having a professional online presence.

My research enabled me to discover the best practices for creating a robust professional network on LinkedIn. For instance, customizing your URL can make your profile more impressive and professional-looking. I am confident that my memo will assist my Segfault team members in achieving their professional objectives. Additionally, I realized that connecting with as many people as possible can expand your network and increase your visibility on LinkedIn, thereby getting you noticed by recruiters.

Overall, I feel enthusiastic and empowered to continue building my professional network on LinkedIn and other social media platforms. By investing time and effort in creating a compelling online presence, I can attain my career aspirations and support others in doing the same.

Formal Report Proposal and Outline

The process of brainstorming and preparing my formal report proposal and outline was a challenging but ultimately rewarding experience. At first, I was intimidated by the task of finding a topic that would allow me to conduct primary research and write a substantial report. However, after spending some time brainstorming, I was able to settle on a topic that I am passionate about.

As I worked on the proposal, I gained a deeper understanding of the key components of a successful proposal. I learned about the importance of structuring the proposal in a way that clearly outlines the problem, proposes a solution, and defines the scope and audience. I also learned that it is essential to define the target reader and provide background information before introducing the problem. This approach helps to engage the reader and build their understanding and investment in the issue.

Writing the scope of the proposal was particularly helpful in guiding my research direction and providing clarity to the reader about the goals of the report. While the first draft of the proposal was challenging, I feel that I have improved my technical writing skills and gained valuable insights into the research process.

Peer Review

During this assignment, I reviewed a report proposal written by my team member, Yiyu Li. This experience taught me the benefits of peer reviews for both the writer and the reviewer. My suggestions for improvement not only helped Yiyu refine her work but also provided valuable insights for myself.

In my peer review, I recognized the significance of providing specific details and evidence to support arguments. Yiyu Li’s proposal on the doctor-to-patient ratio in China and the limitations of nurse prescribing was well-structured, with a clear introduction and effective solution. However, I suggested adding more information on potential benefits and drawbacks, specific examples, data, and evidence to strengthen the proposal, and expanding the research questions. The proposal had significant potential to improve healthcare delivery in China but could be further enhanced with more details.

This peer review process taught me the importance of providing specific, constructive, and supportive feedback. It also helped me become more critical of my own work and pay more attention to detail. Furthermore, reviewing someone else’s work allowed me to learn from different writing styles and techniques and apply them to my own work.

Overall, this peer review was a valuable learning experience. It provided me with a deeper understanding of how to write a proposal for a formal report and improved my skills in writing, communication, and critical thinking.

Links to Revised Report Proposal: Revised Report Proposal

Links to Proposal Peer Review: Proposal Peer Review

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink.