Floundering in the Deep End

Walking into my first Mech 358 (Math) class and having Dr. Homsy review first-order differential equations, reminded me of being in the deep end of a pool with a big cement block tied to my feet (aka not all that fun).

After being away on co-op for 8 months, getting back into school was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. However, trying to recall material from the first semester of Mech2 was WAY harder than expected. Thankfully after much searching, I found all my old Mech2 notes and not only my notes but the most valuable study tools I make for myself… Review Guides! These are short summaries or concepts, formulas etc… that basically stimulate my knowledge of the topics and in this case were my lovely lifesavers in helping my remember homogeneous equations, particular solutions, and MUC and saving me from the cement block around my feet. Oh glorious MUC!

Basically, I can not stress how important it is to keep your notes for reference further down the road. Whether it is for your future classes or even to help a friend in a lower year, they are invaluable lifesavers.

In addition to being busy reviewing topics from Mech2, I am busy with planning the Thunderbots trip to Robocup 2012 which is being held in Mexico City this year, planning a workshop for an event E-team is holding Jan. 26th called Design in Engineering, applying for co-op positions for this summer, and a variety of exciting tri-mentoring events!

Apparently, my heartbeat looked like the squiggles in the top right whenever I thought about thermo...

Example of one of my Thermo Lifesavers