Monthly Archives: January 2010

Food experiment: Chapati

Here’s my first attempt: chapati! I loved these so much in Tanzania that I requested to have them for breakfast everyday. The recipe I followed didn’t turn out exactly as I had them in East Africa, but it’s close enough that I’m really, really happy. I made around 8 of them (they’re really filling) and put them in the fridge so I can just take them out and put them in the pan for an easy meal. I even took […]

Proposed Experiment

Proposed experiment: Not buy food that I can make I guess as an attempt get my life back into a little bit of a routine (or as some say, re-entry shock), I am formally proposing this experiment. Why? Well, 1) I study food systems, and to say the truth, supermarkets and their “illusion of a million products which are actually all made from the same things” mentality disgust me right now (especially after living for a while where all the […]

student directed seminar weekly reflections: week 1

Our economic models (or any kind of models for that matter) are based on the perceptions of the world, therefore they can never be complete. The models also have to change with time and conditions, or else they become a generalization because of blind belief, not true evidence/data input. The problem comes when proponents of a certain model (whether Keynes or free market) take those models made for a specific instance to be an economic “law” (where in the world […]