Skip navigation

Evolution of Man

The more and more that I delve into the world of business the more and more I think about business and the impacts it has made on my life. For example, advertisements and how they have changed over the past 18 years alone. As a child, growing up I would be subject to ads usually on television, billboards, movies and the odd sign. Looking back at it, the advertisements in my childhood had a profound effect on my product loyalty and I still purchase the same goods that I did as a child. To look now, the amount of advertising the youth of today are subject to. My little brother has been subject to not only the same advertising techniques that I was accustom to but also the new media in our world. This includes internet, social networking, etc. He knows about a new movie, toy, video game before I even do and he already has product loyalty even though he is only 12. My parents grew up in the 60’s and even then my parents did not have direct access to television, their advertisements came from the movies, newspapers, etc. Even to this day their product loyalty is quite low and are willing to switch brands for any reason, compared to myself and my little brother. It is interesting to see the differences in product loyalty and the correlation to the time and age that we have all grown up in and the mediums to which advertisements reached us.

http://themarketingspot.com/2010/09/evolution-of-advertising.html