Healthy Fast Food: Dream or Reality?

In response to Zilue (Sunny) Zheng’s post, “A New Way To Create Healthy Fast Food”, I believe that Fast Food Companies’ doubt in branding their food as healthy, legitimate. Although these companies are being pressured to make their food healthier, the delicious, cheap and simple meals; although it is a healthier alternative, it is removing a major point of parity. This could greatly reduce the amount of customers as healthy food is often associated with a bland taste, according to Zilue Zheng’s blog post.

Also, I believe that making fast food slightly healthier will not attract more customers that value living or eating healthy; health-conscious customers would most likely eat elsewhere rather than a fast-food restaurant with the reputation of producing low quality food trying to promote “low sodium”. In conclusion, I strongly believe that if companies like McDonald’s or A&W try to change their menus or food ingredients to appeal to healthier customers, their sales and profits will eventually decrease.