Link to Task 7: Mode-Bending

Task 7: Mode-Bending

I was interested in this post because, in her mode-bending assignment, Marlis took a similar approach to me.  We both chose to record a slide presentation about the objects in our bags.  I described how I would use many of the items in a day, while Marlis had a different spin on her presentation.  Rather than the story being about how she found the objects useful, she made the objects in her bag characters with a voice.  They spoke of their perceived usefulness to their owner.  To add to the effect, she also used background music and sound effects.  All of these decisions made her presentation interesting and effective and a much different experience than my own presentation.

In her reflection, Marlis commented about the ability to include more information in written form than in a video, and I totally agree with this.  She found that she had to leave out some information which she had included in the original task of “What’s in My Bag?”  Watching her video, I didn’t get the feeling that there was anything missing, though.  I found that I also left out some of the information that I had in the initial task.  I did not include all of the objects that were originally displayed.  My video would have been much longer, and honestly, some of the objects were not that significant in my everyday life (maybe they should come out of my bag).  With a concise, well-written piece, it is easier to convey more of what one wants to say.