WRDS 150 Research Paper

The project attached is an essay I wrote in my first year at UBC in my Words 150 class. My paper is focused around how the Catholic religion views abortion and use of contraceptives. It included examples of Catholics disapproving of the topic while others, such as Justin Trudeau who practices the Catholic religion accepting the idea of abortion. While completing my essay, I learned how despite the religion, there are some people who go against the main ideologies and think what they would like about issues such as abortion and contraceptive use. I also learned how to view all different views on an issue, as I was not able to take a stance in the paper.

Writing this essay was a difficult task as there are multiple aspects that you need to complete in order to complete a proper research paper. It required lots of primary research from reliable sources that would then have to be compiled and describes and answered in detail within the paper. I also had to find relatable examples for both perspectives that were able to strengthen and support the main topic. I was able to grow as a person while completing this essay, as I was able to find where I stand on serious topics such as abortion and contraceptive use as well as be able to grow academically when it comes to writing a university level paper.

WRDS 150 FInal Essay