Ads that will have you taking more than a second glance.

I recently stumbled upon a post on Facebook about creative advertisements that caught my attention. That in itself is already marketing at work but take a look (or two) at these 40 Impossibly Creative Advertisements  and you’ll see why it’s so captivating.

I’ve always been so fascinated by those ads out of the hundreds that are able to capture your attention. The above image of a Mr. Clean advertisement is so simple, but it gets the point across clearly – which I believe is the highest level of marketing skills one can attain. With so many advertisements, media, marketing campaigns thrown at us everyday, it’s really hard for marketers to capture a consumer’s attention.

What I believe made these advertisements so successful is the fact that they’ve identified the strengths of their product or company and they’ve come up with a simple solution to get that point across to the consumers that they want to reach. Having worked in retail before, I’ve experienced firsthand how hard it is to get someone to buy your product – let alone listen to you talk about that product.

What they’ve done in these advertisements shows creativity and understanding of the product, placement and target market that they are trying to reach – precisely what we’re learning in class. Seeing the marketing mix put into action is interesting and helps me understand the material being taught in class. Marketing contains so many elements and levels that it’s a subject that can’t really be understood just by learning definitions. Being aware of all the marketing that’s going on around you in your daily life is just the beginning of many steps to becoming a marketing wizard.