Posted by: | 20th Nov, 2010

SNOW >:@

I really don’t like snow. I probably sound like a cynic but I don’t see how the joy of snow could exceed all the dangers snow brings. Most of you (my class mates at least) can probably drive and would know what I’m talking about.

Anyway, snow is usually a good signal for probably the most popular holiday all year, Christmas. Which is also probably the equivalent of tax season for accountants to marketers. Marketing divisions will probably review their 4P’s or may just have a set of 4P’s specifically for Christmas since it’s just that important.

Some things they would know is that for their Product, they definitely need to add in new features or at least market it that way. I remember from last year’s OB project with EA, they would rush products to completion (which means they were buggy/glitchy), just so they could make it in time for Christmas.

Price will probably be marked up, but then again right after Christmas, we have Boxing day, probably the most well-known “promotional-pricing” day that people know about. (I think there’s also a couple of other days that are known to be promotional-pricing days… Black Friday in the states at least?)

For Place/Distribution, it will probably be quite a nightmare for the logistics people. Things getting sold out is an issue, with the classic Movie example Jingle All The Way :P.

Lastly Promotion, we haven’t gone over this P in class yet (will next week though), but I would think consumer conversion rates are generally higher, so the effect of promotions would be amplified.

The day I can’t wait for is actually not Christmas, it’s December 15th, my first complete day after finishing our first semester :D, I think this day will feel just as great as Christmas itself.

Leave a response

Your response: