Posted by: | 9th Oct, 2010

Re: Guerrilla Marketing

So as I was surfing through some of my classmate’s blogs, one post that really stood out to me was Sonal’s post on Guerrilla Marketing

The only thing I would like to add to the definition she provided is the fact I don’t think Guerrilla Marketing HAS to be used in a non-mainstream location.

For example, an Nintendo DS game, Wario Land: Shake It, first started their campaign on Youtube

Unfortunately, the “interactiveness” has been taken down, but at the time, it was definitely something different. Who would have thunk the video could move out of it’s four walls and wreak havoc on the rest of your page?

Guerrilla marketing definitely can be effective, but there have been instances where they have failed such as the animated TV show Aqua Teen Hunger Force, when they put up light displays in Boston that were mistaken for explosive devices. The attention they got through the stunt must not have been what they had planned.

Guerrilla marketing can also be accessible to smaller companies or perhaps even non-profits who are just trying to raise awareness. An example is UNICEF…

This can also be an example where the location does not necessarily have to be remote or non-mainstream. To end off my post, guerrilla marketing is such a limitless concept. Sometimes it can just be like “I have THIS idea, let’s just do it” and the response or the reason it gets approved is just… “Hmmm, this is kinda interesting”, case in point:

Leave a response

Your response: