Malaysian Foods

Posted by: | November 18, 2010 | Leave a Comment

Malaysian Foods

So if u were to ask any Malaysian what they miss the most, foods would definitely be on the list. Everyone would agree with this fact despite a lot of problems happening in the country. In fact, those who have left the country definitely cannot find the same thing in the country they leave for. Kueh Tiao, chicken rice, bak kut teh, char siew rice, nasi lemak, nyonya kueh, roti prata… and the list continues… It is due to the multicultural society which Malaysia is made up of, that we combine the best foods out of the three main races in Malaysia; Malay, Chinese and Indian

Yeah, again I would like to talk about the marketing mix of place of Malaysian foods. Yeah you can find a lot of Malaysians shops in  Vancouer.

First of all, most shops do not really give authentic food taste of Malaysian awesome foods. Second, they price really highly. It is kinda like specialty product for customers since those who really like the foods will go find it no matter how far it is. Maybe it is due to the cheaper rental outside which cause the sellers to locate somewhere not that strategic (the geographic location for me at least). Also, it might be due to the high food cost but then when I cook the foods myself, it wasn’t that expensive.

It might be due to the distribution intensity which the buyer purposely want to be selective or exclusive. But it is really difficult to get good Malaysian foods around. Anyhow, Malaysian foods are the best!