It’s Monday Again…

Oh hey there!

You know what Mondays make me realize – other than how unproductive I was on the weekend – ? How much I hate mornings. I am possibly one of the crankiest people you will meet in the mornings, and it is really embarrassing. I feel so bad about it, especially when I first moved into Gage. In one of the first weeks of classes my roommate said good morning to me, and what did I do? I grunted. Of course I apologized profusely later, but there’s just nothing I can do about it! I’ve really tried to be chipper in the morning. I just can’t. Let’s face it, mornings are hard. Some mornings you just want to pull the covers over your head and admit defeat. Here’s a recipe I hope will make your Monday a little bit brighter:

Manic Monday Milk

Ingredients:

• 1 cup of milk (I used soy)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Splash of vanilla

Now this recipe is incredibly simple. It is so simple that some might not even consider it a recipe. Start by heating up the milk and the cinnamon stick in a pot on the stove. Don’t bring it to a boil, but when it is nice and hot (or warm enough for your liking) stir in the brown sugar and vanilla. Feel free to play with the amount of sugar, you know, depending on your taste and mood. Transfer it to a mug and make this week a great one!

Let me know what flavours you like to add to your milk!

Love from Briana