TMNT: Nostalgic Nails

The other day I walked into my 8am class and heard familiar music playing, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I grabbed a seat near the front and pulled out my books. Then it hit me, it was the music from Final Fantasy! I excitedly texted my brother and told him we had to play that over the summer on our old Nintendo. He texted back with a slew of other games we had to play. The list included beating the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game, a game which we finally conquered last summer.

Feeling kind of nerdy, I decided it was time to do my nails again. It’s been a bit of a crummy week and I really needed a break, so here goes:

Begin by doing a clear coat, then painting your nails green. Once they are dry, take orange, red, blue and purple polish and create the masks for the turtles, a different colour on each nail. To do this, I used the side of the brush, with very little nail polish on it. Make a straight(ish) line across the upper section of your nail, with a little bit of green still showing above your line. Then make two little bumps where you want the eyes to go.

On a side note, I am pretty sure I can still recite all of the old TMNT theme song.

Wait for this to dry. For the eyes, I used a mechanical pencil and dipped it in white polish, then touched it to my nail, moving it around to spread the white as desired. When the white was dry, I dipped my pencil in dark purple (still don’t have black. Ugh.) and touched it lightly on top of the white.

I decided afterwards that I wanted happy turtles! The smile is made by the mechanical pencil again, dipped in dark purple polish. Give them a clear coat and you’re done!