Posted by: | 1st Feb, 2013

The Power of Video

Whistler Mountain Bike Park has been producing and releasing videos as a part of their marketing campaign for the past couple years, and I have been a religious follower of these videos ever since the original Elements of Perfection project was launched.

Whistler Blackcomb has successfully differentiated themselves from other bike parks through the emotional connection they create with these videos. They chose to create a series of videos to be released every couple weeks, which keeps consumers excited and constantly thinking about riding at Whistler Blackcomb. Most of the videos begin with suspense and music that builds up excitement, showing scenes of Whistler’s finest terrain or atmospheric elements.

For an avid cyclist like myself, I find that these videos are so well produced that I could watch them on repeat for hours. I can truthfully connect with the mood and atmosphere Whistler Blackcomb is trying to portray through these videos, having been to the bike park a numerous times. These videos do not only attract new customers to the resort, however remind past consumers of the enjoyment they previously received from Whistler mountain, and urge them to return.

I can say that Whistler’s decision to produce these videos has been and continues to be of success, as I have always been dying to go bike at Whistler after watching any one of their videos. The enormous online cycling community that I am a part of, and in addition to my friends, we all agree that Whistler’s marketing campaign has brought them much more business.

Watch my favourite Elements of Perfection video below!

Leave a response

Your response: