Uncategorized

Dear Past Self

Dear past self,

I know that the past few days, weeks, months or even years have been filled with so many obstacles and challenges. Some of them you were able to easily breeze through and other times you just barely crawled past. Then, there were those unfortunate occasions where you were completely crushed by them. I understand how difficult and bleak those times were. It seemed like it was the end of the world, even though in reality, everything and everyone else was fine and carried on as usual.

I’m here to tell you that in those moments, it’s okay to be disappointed. It’s okay to feel scared, worried or confused about the future. And when you feel that way, there’s no shame in letting it all out. Rant, scream and cry if you must, but the one thing you’re not allowed to do is to give up. Life still has so much more in store for you. One mistake or many mistakes, the number doesn’t matter as long as you stay determined to get up and keep going forward.

Because that’s what life is all about. It’s about embracing the different journeys we go on no matter how treacherous the path is. It’s about the hard lessons that we must learn but it’s also about the even harder –to –forget experiences that we made along the way. All these great times, celebrations, challenges and setbacks have shaped you into who you are now and who you will be in the future.

And, I understand that in moments of hardship, it may become extremely difficult to see the bigger picture. You could lose sight of your goals and you may even stray down the wrong path. I know it may seem like there’s absolutely no way you can get through this period of your life. But believe me when I say, you will get through this. If you didn’t, I wouldn’t be writing all these things to you right now.

You are capable of getting through it, but, that doesn’t mean you have to do it alone either. The great news is that you are never alone. There are people in your life that are willing to listen to you, to help you and to simply be there for you in these times. So, please, reach out and don’t despair. You don’t have to carry all your burdens by yourself. Whether a friend, family member or even a kind stranger, there is always going to be someone there for you.

So, remember to breathe. Close your eyes, inhale and count down from five. Then, exhale and open your eyes again. Take in all your surroundings carefully. Just like I said in the beginning, notice how the sun still rises and sets, how everyone still rushes through their day and how time keeps moving on. Because just like time, you will also move on with your journey but now you’re armed with the lessons you’ve learned and the memories you’ve made. Rest but never relent. Keep moving forward and don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you from living the life you want to live.

From,

Me

Written by: Roumaine Soliveres