Jessica’s reflection Oct 1st

First I want to thank Tobi, Emily and Gemma for such a fun class! You all really set the bar high and made me remember some of the reasons I loved PE in school! It has been a long time since I was playing a team sport on turf, even if the game was one I haven’t played before it made me nostalgic for my days of field hockey.

The chuck the chicken game was a great way of opening up the class, I have never heard of the game before but it was very helpful in promoting the positive qualities that would be so useful in the three-ball kickball game. I enjoyed its goofy nature because in sports you have to take risks to really have fun and learn and chuck the chicken made everyone feel comfortable with each other.

I also thought it was awesome how the group took a sport that has been put into the hall of shame and changed it to be inclusive. Everyone was moving almost all the time and I would feel comfortable taking this game into my classroom!

One thought on “Jessica’s reflection Oct 1st”

1. Jessica, I definitely agree with you on Chuck the Chicken! I like that you mentioned the game’s goofy nature, because I think PE teachers sometimes forget that games are supposed be FUN and not always competitive like sports usually are (even though Chuck the Chicken was still a competition). Even simple activities like that can already get kids moving and energized, which is a step in the right direction of physical literacy.