Week 5 Invasion games!

Invasion games

I really enjoyed this week’s invasion games. It was very well done. By gradually increasing the technical skill, the students were able to become familiar with each motion. It was interesting to watch the groups interpretation of “Teaching Games for Understanding” I felt that it was very well done.

The dancing was great fun at the beginning, it was a very good warm up activity. If the group had had more time for a warm-up activity I would suggest running through the moves once without music and then once with so we could follow along a bit better.

The stretching at the end was flawless. I found it to be a unique way to cool everyone down, I loved the creativity.  I would love to try that in one of my classes.

Great discussion questions too. I found myself questioning my style of teaching for the rest of the day. I think if I had to choose one: Teaching my students to be life long learners of physical education is the most important. This is best describe through The Fitness for Life Model. Maintaining that life style after school, both through diet and activity is crucial in living a long and happy life.

I would say on the whole, stellar work this week. Thanks Invasion Games Week Group!