Hey That’s My Problem Too!

broke

Having been featured on Forbes and Wall Street Journal, The Broke and Beautiful Life blog has undoubtedly caught my attention with its remarkable posts.  A New Yorker, blogger, and theatre actress, Stephanie shares real life experiences of financial dilemmas typical a college student battles.  I find it always helpful to understand how others cope with similar struggles and learn off one another.  Stephanie’s examples are straightforward and easily relatable.  She provides clear and logical arguments with practical advice to consider.   Most importantly, her style of writing is captivating, which provided me a strong sense of feasibility towards her recommendations.

In “Is Assuming the Worst Keeping You From Saving Money?”, Stephanie thoroughly discusses assumptions and risks.  Having discussed risks in class, I still find myself lost whenever I imagine myself in a position where I need to make a vital monetary decision; a decision that could earn a fortune or rob everything I had.  Savings is definitely an essential component of my personal finances and I am eager to learn how to thrive in this respect.  A viable suggestion Stephanie has noted is: to assume less and research more.  This suggestion not only questioned my financial decisions but my method of performing tasks in general.  It leads me to realize how I draw conclusions too quickly and am overly conservative at times.  After all, life would not be colourful if risks did not exist.