dazed and confused in vancouver

I feel like the worst blogger, honestly.

January 1st, 2009 · 3 Comments

I need to work on this time management thing, it is obviously not working out for me.

So what has happened since I last wrote?  Well, I wrote all my papers, turned 21 the day before my last final (yay me!), sat all my finals, passed all my classes, got 4 grades of 80% (!!!) and one 60% for a final average of 76% (YAY!), came home for Christmas, ate more turkey than my tummy had room for, saw some family, listened to a lot of good music, watched a lot of movies (Doubt and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button are wonderful, by the way) and am now lying in bed feeling fat and happy.  I love the holidays for nothing else if not for the fact that there are no classes to worry about.  While my best friend is stressing about her University of Toronto full-year courses during the holidays, I am sitting back with my feet up, watching Burn After Reading (freakin’ weird film).

I hope that everyone else had an equally wonderful break?  I can’t believe it’s almost time to go back already.  I’m not flying back until the 5th, Westjet’s seat sale begins that day, so I get to miss the first day back!  I’m oddly excited to be getting back to my little res box on my cute little res street and see my friends again.  Not to say that I haven’t enjoyed being with my family, I really have.  But, there is something to be said for sitting on a friend’s bed and laughing about the dumbest things into the wee hours of the morning, really.

Next semester, I’m signed up for ASIA200 (Cultural Foundations of East Asia), ASIA 356 (Korean Cinema), ASIA 454 (Japanese Poetry in Translation), ARTH 365 (Sacred Art of Japan: Twelfth to Nineteenth Centuries) and JAPN 103 (Beginning Japanese II B).  Notice a trend?  Ahh, the life of an Asian Area Studies Honors undergrad.  Now there’s a long title.  I’m quite relieved to not be taking any economics courses, though I’m sure it’ll come back to bite me in the ass later when I have to take an entire semester of the damn stuff.  I just finished a semester with two econ courses, so I’m glad to be rid of them.  I’m pretty excited about this semester, it looks like some pretty interesting subject matter, though we’ll see how many papers it entails.  :/

Ahhhh, I am feeling entirely too sleepy.  I love Christmas break.  Happy New Year, everyone, and take care.

Tags: Uncategorized

3 responses so far ↓

• Phoebe Yu // Jan 2nd 2009 at 12:04 am

Hey you’re bday is during exam season too! Happy very belated bday.

Glad you’re back to the “blogging scene” haha. Your classes sound really interesting next term!

• Eastwood // Jan 3rd 2009 at 1:47 am

I also really, really need to work on this… what do you call it… oh, right, time-management thing.

• Tysune // Jan 6th 2009 at 3:17 pm

lol. Ya, my time management needs tuning too. XD

I want to see Benjamin Buttons. I saw 7 Pounds instead, which I’d say is worth it–I thought it was a good movie.