Feb 3 / vikachen

Can a Small Business Survive? (3)

I should go on with corporation today, but this part can be concluded in just one sentences.

FJ has a maintenance department while the Gome branch store hasn’t, so they corporate. Maybe there are some other “top secrets” that I don’t know. Overall, this part is not interesting at all.

What I really want to talk about today is my recently experience.

I’m currently looking for a new netbook and I realized that I never put local small dealers in my consideration. Ironic, huh?

Before saying “no”, some thoughts flash across my mind. The first one is “I don’t know whether they are creditable”, and then comes with “If there is something wrong with the product, I doubt if they can deal with that properly” and “Overall, I trust Futureshop.” Seriously, I prefer Futureshop over Bestbuy. The reason is simply, I’ve never bought a thing from Bestbuy yet.

Same story happened. There are two major 3C retail chains in Hongkong that I know, Broadway and Fortress. I have had great shopping experience in Broadway before that they gave me almost all the camera accessories for free with my purchase of a single camera (This is why I loooove Hongkong!LOL).   Even Fortress offers the same prices and same gifts, I make habitual decisions ever after. (What a loyal customer!)

To be responsible for the side I am standing for, I searched for the small retails right after I realized they actually exist. However, I was disappointed by the unprofessional styles of the websites and the no surprising prices. Finally…I gave up.

Therefore, a ultra thought comes to my mind–If you are not prepared to show the most professional or competitive aspect of yourself, you’d better not even let people know you, because they won’t initiative learn you anymore.