To Buy or To Grow, That is the Question.

First off I would just like to say that I have had an enjoyable time participating in these marketing blog assignments. At first I was apprehensive, but I quickly realized that the exploration prompted by this assignment has given me knowledge and know-how about current trends that I would never have noticed otherwise. I have found myself actively surfing blogs recently and I attribute that fully to this experience.

Now that the acknowledgements are out of the way, on to the task at hand! Traditional advertisement campaigns usually aired on the radio or television and worked by prompting the audience to act. In other words, traditional marketers were usually more passive in their methods, relying on the attraction of consumer attention.

The allure of television...

But with the advent of social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, marketers are faced with a new medium to utilize. Rather than stick with ads, some have decided to use a more direct approach…

Even Tweeters love money.

BUYING FOLLOWERS!

Indeed a new industry has grown from the popularity of Twitter – the sale and purchase of live Twitter followers. It makes sense though, why spend time slowly nurturing and growing your following when you can simply BUY one?

1000 followers only costs $17 and the transaction is completed within days. Furthermore, all the followers are live and the followers are added in a discrete way so nobody has to know that they are purchased! By increasing your number of followers, the company claims that you will have increased sales.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though. After all our world is run by capitalism and people have tried to sell worse things on the internet.

If you’re interested in buying some Twitter followers to make yourself stand out, you can check it out here.