learning from my big losses

I gained  a huge negative return in corn from the beginning, so in the Monday, I sold all of the corn when I observed that corn slump and still continue a downward trend ,even I knew this is a huge risk, I lost a total 150000 after I clicked my button, and I  almost lose half of my value,which  annoying me the whole week and made me hesitate whether to invest in other items.

MY later decision

After losing a lot of money , I struggled to save my situation but my spirit is willing, my flesh is weak. My purchase power became weak and it means that I can only do some tiny trade.

Another 20 units of soybean oil I  brought in the first week seemed to be a big trouble to me,It was in an downward trend from the beginning and hard for me to make a forecast whether it would go up in this short period, I dared not sold all of them , cause it would cause  another serious losses . I am  But if I still kept all soybean oil in hand, it was difficult for me to made a deal in other items due to my poor purchase power.

I was not sure what will happen to soybean oil , so I sold  5 units of soybean oil . And then I shorted  several units in milk.

what I probably trade next week

corn

The chart witnesses a downward trend from the beginning of September, but it started to rose slightly in the beginning of October after a sudden slump at the end of September. It seemed that it was not a good decision for me to sell my corn in the Monday. Monday’s report showed more supplies than people thought, and yields are coming in better than expected, from the later news I learnt from that Corn for December delivery rose 0.3 percent to $4.4075 a bushel, heading for a 2.9 percent drop this week. Corn futures on the Chicago Board of Trade also edged up. From the trend and the recent news, we know that corn is in a  strong demand, and it probably will keep rising, so I decide to buy some corns next week.

soybean

Soybean witnessed a downward trend in September, but it began to rise in the beginning of October. From the news,Soybean harvesting was 11 percent complete in the main U.S. growing areas as of Sept. 29, trailing the five-year average, U.S. Department of Agriculture data show, In addition, China will continue to import  U.S. soybeans until South America crops are harvested and start moving into the export channel from March 2014. Soybean will continue to rise result from the huge demand, so I also decide to purchase some soybeans even I can just buy little.

What I learned from this week

Just as Mark mentioned, this is a great learning experience – there’s no better way to learn about the market than to participate, and lose some money. I now realized my stupid mistakes, I took too much risk in the beginning, 20x corn and 20x soybeans is equivalent to buying about $450,000 of corn and $510,000 of Soybean oil.  I know it is difficult for me to changeover my situation now, but now I become more cautious than before, I make each deal only after fully research.