What went wrong – week X

hI

On Thursday, Nov 22nd, I have just gone back into my Tradesim account. It says no trading when I tried to browse for contract orders. I wanted to offset the long position I have for soybeans and get a new short contract. I’m losing $5037 in soybeans. Not sure what has happened here.

From market trend, it looks like I will continue losing on my equity balance. It was all because of the glitches on tradesim. I thought I have exited to market earlier two weeks again for my four long contracts on January soybeans (S3F) and March corn (C3Z). However, this isn’t the case.

If I manage to enter the market to change my trading strategy, I will change my position to short for soybeans, and possibly getting two short contracts.

Turns out that soybeans is on the rise based on US’s turkey day. However, for some strange reason, I have incurred $4,512 worth of losses on tradesim.. with a lower net equity balance of $26,427.64. What a pain?!! I guess, at the end of trading game, I still haven’t managed to recoup all my losses.

Lesson learned: when in doubt, exit the market sooner the better!