Wansum Li – Intro to Marketing

Levi’s Curve ID

April 3rd, 2011 · No Comments

I came across the Levi’s Curve ID campaign several days ago and was intrigued by the innovative idea. Levi’s Curve ID moves away from the traditional sizing system for jeans, and focuses instead on shape. For many women, myself included, trying to find the perfect pair of jeans is a long and strenuous process. Levi’s strives to make this process easier by inviting customers to discover their Curve ID, and the perfect pair of jeans.

I find this campaign quite clever, in that it acknowledges that two women can be the same size, but a particular pair of jeans may look different on each of them. Levi separates its jeans into four Curve IDs:  Slight Curve, Demi Curve, and Bold Curve (In USA, Levi also offers Supreme Curve). Find out your Curve ID here!  This campaign embraces the notion of individuality: every woman is different, and thus, every woman needs her own pair of “custom fit” jeans to suit her specific shape, not just another generic “size 25”.

Levi’s Curve ID differentiates Levi from its competitors.  Although I have already found my go-to denim brands, I am definitely excited to check out Levi’s jeans now.

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.