the world without marketing ?

after i read Donald’s blog :https://blogs.ubc.ca/don0910/2013/10/16/lets-imagine-the-world-without-marketing/  i try to image his point  that we can not live the world without marking. when i first came to Canada, my english is so poor that i do not want to go out. i can’t understand advertisement while i am watching Tv. when i first go to supermarket. i don’t even know what is the taste of some soft drink, what’s the flavour of chips ?However, after i go to T&T, Costco, they provide a service that customer can simple some new products. Customers can taste it before actually purchase. i thought it is fantastic as i never seen this kind of service in China before. after i taking marking, i realizes that these belongs to marketing strategies which enable company to test some new products in order to expand them. Last week, i attend to Marketing research group about “evaluation a New product”. they give me some candies and let me taste them while i am watching movies. after i finish movie, they let me write comments and issues about the candies. i can understand how company test their product before enter the market. they test, get feedbacks form focus groups such as university students and improve it. we live the world all round marketing, clothing, food, housing, transportation. we almost know these things though marketing.