Greatest lesson learnt from some else

To me, my mother is the most bravest person who dare to try new things in her ages. From her, I have learnt the spirit that one should never be afraid of trying new things in whatever age.

My mother is now nearly 50. As a traditional Chinese woman in this age, she should have been a conservative person who has no interest in trying new things. Actually, i was once a conservative person myself too. However, my mother doesn’t appear to be an old -fashioned woman. Several years ago, she determined to move abroad to try to live in a foreign culture. She then managed to persuade us to agree with her. Giving up an existed home to move to another place in one’s middle age is discouraged in traditional Chinese culture.

After she came to Canada, she tried very hard and even was happy to learn English. To her, it is a totally new experience which she always appreciates. I knew so many Chinese of her age moving to an English-speaking country and never ever try to study English again but always keep speaking Chinese. She was still learning new things with high passion. She cannot drive in China, but she finally learnt how to drive after she moved to Canada.

Her experience and enthusiasm really represent the miret of a Chinese saying “never too old to learn”. Her attitude towards new things and new environment encourage me to try new things. Under her influence, I have learned the spirit that one should never be afraid of trying new things in whatever age and am gradually changing my conservative personality.