A Blog Recommendation: Mixing Business Strategy, “Social Responsibility”

I came across a business blog that I sincerely interested in: Mixing Business Strategy, “Social Responsibility” The blogger Mary Ellen Biery wrote about how companies fulfill their social responsibilities and perform the business strategy at the same time, by using Toms shoes’ one for one program as an example.

After I read the material about social responsibility in the class prep, I started to explore how the company fix their social responsibility into their business strategy. Apparently, this blog figured out my confusion. “For some business, being socially responsible can help reach a new target market or customer.” Take Toms shoes for an example, because of their social responsibility business model, lots of customers are the big fans of the founder Blake Mycoskie, which also boosts its sales volume. Such a situation is predictable. As a consumer, what is in it for me is that Toms shoes is not devote their mind into profit but also fulfill their citizenship. If my purchase can help one child, why not? That is why Karen Mishra, an assistance professor of marketing from Meredith college, said:“Consumers more and more are looking to buy from socially responsible companies, and they’re actually willing to pay more for products in certain cases,”. 

The four social responsible component that provided at the last of the blog post is really helps me to better understand it. It is really important to make sure our promise can truly deliver to clients, do according to our abilities. That is why Toms shoes won such a big success that  a big group of potential customers following them and they  also making a proper promise back to clients.