Response to James Sanjaya Liauw’s Blog

In response to James’s blog, i feel that cigarette manufacturers should not have to bear the responsibility for their customers health. I recognize that they see a demand for a product and strive to satisfy that demand. The guilt they have to bear being in that industry is a great enough burden. I believe the responsibility lies with the consumers and with their peers. In life, no matter how hard things may seem, you will always a choice regarding your actions.

The article mentioned in James’s blog talked about the development of e-cigarettes. E-cigarettes were found to be healthier than conventional cigarettes and beneficial in helping smokers cut down or quiting. However, I view e-cigarettes as a double-edged sword, I believe e-cigarettes could become a gateway mechanism for adolescents. Already I see friends whom would never try a real cigarette, experiment with e-cigarettes. Therefore while there is great potential for good for e-cigarettes, I believe that it should be properly regulated and not so readily accessible to adolescents.

Lets Make the Switch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24914473