COMM296 1st Blog Assignment

As some of you may already knew that two Taiwanese singers Gary Cao and Landy Wen were invited to Vancouver last October for a concert. This concert was hosted by a local corporation in Richmond named Star Entertainment Co. Luckily, I was employed and selected as one of the event and marketing advisors in June last year which were responsible for the promotion and ticket selling of this concert.

That was actually my first working experience that related to marketing. Before this job, I used to think that marketing was kind of “easy”, because what they usually need to do was just use some kind of methods to sell the products. If the products are mostly needed by the customers, there is not even that much effort they need for advertising and promoting. Indeed, after I had started this job, I finally found out that there were so much more you need to do to make a good marketing for this concert. You need to think about almost every perspective that can help to attract potential customers and work in details to finally grab those customers.

As for our concert, we need to first design posters and search for locations to post these posters which would draw more public attentions. Secondly, we have to enlarge the promotion of this concert by using different ways of adverting methods such as the Internet and radio. Thirdly, we marketing advisors were also responsible for seeking sponsorship. Moreover, we need to use every possible resources to help selling tickets and monitoring this whole process. To be honest, that one was by far the most intensive job I have ever done in my life.

With that experience, I have the opportunity to know more about marketing that encourages me to work hard this semester on COMM 296. Fighting!

2 thoughts on “COMM296 1st Blog Assignment