The Podcast!

Okay. Apologies first.

This is my first podcast and the audio quality is not at all the best (and I am a fast talker) that being said, I hope you enjoy it:

https://vocaroo.com/1STXQHoctDg1

(Sorry, that should work better)

This course has been a crash course for me on technology and its application in the classroom. To be honest, I am still mostly overwhelmed.

This feels strange to say as I don’t have a problem with technology (I enjoy it, in fact) and use it in my class and life in so many ways. The biggest areas, of course, in the area of supporting students research and writing skills and I can see that continuing along with sorting and prepping new resources for students and teachers as a teacher-librarian.

I also have been open to students using any number of digital tools to create projects.

At the same time, I have seen the problems with being on the bleeding edge when students work doesn’t run as hoped or everything starts taking a long time.

What I am taking away from this course is a new respect for the range of possibilities and a bit more openness to new ideas but, still, with a healthy respect for balancing the costs (primarily in time) of investing in new approaches with how much they really add.