SS: Culture < Inquiry >

Inquiry Research Project: Country 

At the end of my Social Studies unit on culture, we conducted an inquiry research on various countries. There are the countries my students explored:

IMG_1072 We used a formatted sheet to fill in the information. The fast facts were pretty straight forward but other sections were inquiry based. Questions asked mostly about what the students found interesting regarding certain topic.

This was a pair activity and each pair was assigned one country to research on. Students were encouraged to discuss amongst themselves and share their newly obtained knowledge.

After the researching process was over, we shared our experiences and knowledge with our buddy class (Gr.6/7).

Here are couple of picture of Grade 2 students sharing their newly learned knowledge about the country they studied to a Grade 6/7 students. My Grade 2 students were extremely excited and proud they got to teach the older students.

IMG_1135 copyd

IMG_1178c

After they finished sharing their knowledge and talking about various countries, we posted it up onto the bulletin board along with the pictures of them sharing!

IMG_1187.jepg