The Scam of Online Shopping

I recently read the post by Angad Rehki where the business model of Quibids was explained. It was explained how Quibids is able to sell products for extremely low prices by earning money of auction bids from each user of the website. Although he did a good job of restating the article, there was a lack of insight in the blog which I wish to add. 

First of all, I believe Quibids is a scam and the article that was presented is one with bias and untrue facts. For example, at the end of the article it can be seen that the article was sponsered by Entertainment Retail Auctions which is mention once in the article. The article was most likely one that was paid for to reassure consumers suspecting of the website.

In life, and especially on the internet, there are often many tactics employed to rob people of their important personal information that can be used for personal gain, or acquiring money. This can be said the same for business as there will always be people asking for investments or money for something that seems like a great deal. Being blinded by the idea of  shortcut through life, people tend to forget that hard work, and immense luck, is the only way to achieve one’s goals. It needs to be remembered that in this world, when something seems too good to be true, it often is.